"God's purpose for the artist is to inspire, to give us visions of ourselves that we might not see, to make us better than we would have been.The world is better for the arts and righteous artists in it. In the quest to achieve greatness in artistic pursuits--whether in painting, music,dance, drama, film, sculpture, or the written word--we should always seek first to achieve God's purposes." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Remember the little things, because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.

Jan 11, 2009

An Afternoon At Temple Square

Cameron and I have been wanting to take the girls to Temple Square without all of the holiday madness. On Saturday, we took the afternoon and walked around Temple Square. We went to the North Visitor Center and was able to show the girls the Christus. We had the rare opportunity to hear the presentation given in Mandarin-Chinese and then again in English. It was just really neat to me to be reminded that Heavenly Father's plan is for the world, not just my small corner of it!

Bethanie & Kirsten

Kirsten's photo skills put to work!

Our Eternal Family!

We then saw a video about The Family. A Proclimation to the World. It was so neat how they did this presentation! It kept the girls attention the whole time. It was so nice to hear the sister missionaries testimonies at the end. I just kept thinking to myself while we were there
The world is quiet here.
After that, we walked around downstairs looking around. We passed a group of people with 2 sister missionaries. The sisters sang them a Hymn, stating that this Hymn is a popular one among our religion. They sang, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". It was special to me to be able to feel the spirit on just an ordinary afternoon with my family.
Down in the basement of the visitor center they have these neat video presentations set up. The ones we looked at happened to be from the Book of Mormon. Now, Cameron and I have been reading the Book of Mormon Stories to our children each night. We watched the video about Nephi and the time his bow broke. Kirsten was so excited to watch it because she could remember us reading about it. How about that?! They are actually listening and getting something from our reading.
I love this Church. I love this Gospel. I love and appreciate our Savior. I love all of my friends and family and wanted to share this with you.

3 comments:

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

The picture with Beth and Kirsten looking up at Jesus makes me want to cry!! It is so cute. I'm sure it has nothing to do with hormones. j/k, I've been so emotional, but it really is a precious picture!!

The Leonard Family said...

I am so jealous. . . we've not been to Temple Square for the lights or anything this year! I love the pics! And yes believe it or not, they really do listen. . . when THEY WANT to!! :) Gotta love them!

April and JJ said...

Thanks for posting that! I just got a nice little spiritual boost on a thursday afternoon! You need to drop your cute little rugrats off at my house and go out to dinner w/ Cameron okay? Tell me when!

Total Pageviews