"God's purpose for the artist is to inspire, to give us visions of ourselves that we might not see, to make us better than we would have been.The world is better for the arts and righteous artists in it. In the quest to achieve greatness in artistic pursuits--whether in painting, music,dance, drama, film, sculpture, or the written word--we should always seek first to achieve God's purposes." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Remember the little things, because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.

Apr 7, 2009

To Cut Or Not To Cut?

So I was looking at my little Graysen and thinking to myself. This kid needs a haircut! But really does he? So I styled his hair in many ways to see which was the best and looked the most presentable. Below you will find the contendors...

Look at the highth on this baby mohawk!

Such a handsome little man.

Slicked back.

Poof!


I quickly came to the conclusion that there was no postponing it. My little guy was ready for his first haircut! So I booked him an appointment at Cookie Cutters Haircuts, took a deep breath, and went in. I didn't know how he'd react to any of this. This haircut salon was so cute! He got to sit inside a tiny little car, watch Cars on TV, play w/ toys and blow bubbles! How could he not love every single moment of this, right?

Here he is driving his car!

Now he's driving his car and watching Cars at the same time.

What the?!

(Notice the kid in the other car in the back of the photo? Ya, same age as Graysen, yet he's happy as a clam while my kid is screaming for his life!)

Angry Graysen!

Oh momma, how could you just stand there and giggle and snap photo after photo? I just want you to pick me up! NOW!

Oh, is it over yet?

All my angry tears have been shed, where's my sucker?


No, he hated it. HATED EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF IT! My baby cried like a baby, and he was literally shaking! He was so scared! But oh my stars it was sooo incredibly cute! Yes, he cried the entire time. And screamed. Scream-Cried with booger dripping from his nose. (But it was so cute!)
After his hair was cut and styled they gave him a balloon and sucker. But he still kept crying until momma was finally able to pick him up.

3 comments:

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

What a great post! I love the different hair styles. And the pictures of him crying is so sad, but cute at the same time. I laughed so hard.

Lyndzi said...

What a big boy. I think it's so cute!

Bates Family said...

I know it's mean of me to say but that is so funny! And even though he was crying he still looked so cute!

Total Pageviews