All I hear all day, every day, all day long is:
"MOM! I'm hungry!"
This is especially frustrating when they've just eaten 20 minutes ago.
So.
My mom brain started wurring.
Scary, so scary, I know.
I think it's ok to let them have snacks, but the snacks that I bought them they won't eat.
What kid doesn't like grahm crackers I ask you?
Apparently mine.
Dang it! I bought them on sale too!
But, it will be alright because Mr. Graysen has found that he likes them just fine.
Nice!
My mom brain came up with a Brilliant, BRIlliant, BRILLIANT plan!
T-R-A-I-L M-I-X!!!
I took Kirsten & Bethanie to the grocery store and told them we were buying only items to make trail mix.
They had no idea what it was.
Um, I did stray from my shopping list and bought sour cream while I was there because I needed some.
Kirsten freaked out because she hates sour cream and was completely disgusted with the idea of putting it in her trail mix.
I laughed and let her believe it for a minute or two, or ten. Who was counting?
These are the items we grabbed for our trail mix:
1. Dried Bananas
2. Dried Apples
3. Salted Peanuts
4. Yogurt Covered Peanuts
5. Butterscotch Chips
6. White Chocolate Chips
7. M&M's
8. Vanilla Almond Granola Chunks
9. Swedish Fish (For all of those William's Ward Girls out there! ;)
10. Gummy Bears
11. Teddy Grahms
12. Nutter Butter Bites
We combined 1 cup of each and mixed well.
My BRILLIANT plan?
They get a snack sized baggy each day.
They can snack on it throughout the day.
The condition is that when that baggy is gone, it's gone.
They don't get anything more to snack on for the remainder of the day.
Will it work?
I don't know.
I will find out tomorrow.
I will report my findings another time.
We <3 trail mix!
"God's purpose for the artist is to inspire, to give us visions of ourselves that we might not see, to make us better than we would have been.The world is better for the arts and righteous artists in it. In the quest to achieve greatness in artistic pursuits--whether in painting, music,dance, drama, film, sculpture, or the written word--we should always seek first to achieve God's purposes." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Remember the little things, because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.
Jun 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What does >3 mean?
<3 is supposed to be a heart. :)
I see, I've never seen that one before!!
Post a Comment