Today we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house with Grandpa Eli and Grandma Sharon. The girls were excited to pick out their prettiest dresses because they wanted to look extra special for the temple. It was a beautiful sun-shiny day, a perfect day! We arrived at the temple and parked. A greeter met us with a golf-cart to give us a lift to the display tent. The kids loved the ride over, Graysen was giggling madly in pure elation! It was amazingly beautiful there, just walking through the rooms and being able to share this with our children is truely an amazing opportunity. The Celestial Room is gorgeous, the chandalere is so shiny and sparkly! It's shaped a bit like stars, at least that's what it reminded me of. Kirsten and Bethanie are so curious, and hungry to learn about the temple, and we were more than happy to answer all of their questions, explaining the best we could what each room symbolizes. When we reached the bride's room, I just stood there for a moment and thought back to when Cameron and I were sealed together. Many of you know, we weren't married in the temple on the first go. We were sealed about a year and a half later, Kirsten was about 18 months old. I remember being in the bride's room of the Salt Lake Temple, watching all of the brides in their beautiful white wedding gowns, and I just felt so small. I was kicking myself for not doing it right, the first time. Anyhow, today, I wasn't really thinking of myself so much, but thinking of my little girls and my little boy. I hope to someday be in that bride's room with each of my girls, I want to see them in their beautiful white wedding gowns, and I want Cameron to be there for our boys. I'm so happy that I could feel the peace and contentment that only the temple can give. I urge everyone that hasn't had the opportunity to go through the open house to go!
For your reservations you can go to:
www.lds.org/reservationsGraysen on the golf-cart ride. (Yes, that is a giant scrape on his face, a wound earned learning to walk!)

Bethanie eating a cookie while listening to the beautiful piano music.

When we walked into the hospitality tent after the tour, there was beautiful live piano music playing. However, upon further investigation, nobody was actually playing the piano. It was one of those "playerless" pianos. (I'm lame and I don't know the technical term for them.) Kirsten and Bethanie exlaimed, "The Holy Ghost is playing the piano!" We received a lot of giggles from standers-by!

This is us posing at the back of the temple, but the sun was shining ever so brightly, so we'll probably go back another time for better pictures.

I love to see the temple,
I'm going there someday...
1 comment:
What a great day! That's so cute that they said the Holy Ghost was playing the piano!
Post a Comment