"God's purpose for the artist is to inspire, to give us visions of ourselves that we might not see, to make us better than we would have been.The world is better for the arts and righteous artists in it. In the quest to achieve greatness in artistic pursuits--whether in painting, music,dance, drama, film, sculpture, or the written word--we should always seek first to achieve God's purposes." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Remember the little things, because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.

Aug 9, 2009

Who Says You Can't Go Home?

So this last weekend was full of family, friends, and fun! I loaded the kids up and headed North. What? Yes, you heard correctly, North.
We stopped to visit Grandma LaVonna on the way to Idaho, where we picked up a stray. (He-He!) Grandma LaVonna loaded the kids up w/ coloring books for the long drive. What a classy broad, to think of the girls. She even had a few cars that she gave to Graysen. We picked up Aunt Jamie and then headed over to Logan to stop in and see Great Grandpa & Grandma Garr.
It was a lot of fun to visit with both of them and catch up on current events in our lives. My grandpa had fallen a few days earlier and broken a few of his ribs, :*( but he's doing really great. He looks so healthy and he's so happy! Graysen has an obsession with anything car, and he was eyeballing some of my gramp's model T fords. I pushed them back on the shelf so he couldn't get them, there were tears of anger. My grandpa went and picked him up, handed him a car to play with, and made one little boy so happy. Grandma loaded the kids up on chocolate chip cookies and then it was time to say goodbye and finish our trip to Idaho.
We cruised on into Soda to pick up Dylin and Chely, and I'm shocked to see how much both of those babies have grown! Dylin was very helpful in finding Kirsten and Bethanie some jackets and pants to wear to the fair. (The weather decided it wasn't going to cooperate, it was raining and freezing!) Of course, I didn't pack for cold weather!
We finally got to Grandpa Jim's and Grandma Nancy's house w/ a van full of kids.
We made it just in time to see the parade.
The kids got some parade candy and thought that was pretty awesome.
I saw Miss Lyndzi across the road, and I was going to run across to see her new baby Mac, but I was chicken, I didn't want all the kids to follow me, and she was feeding her baby anyways.
After the parade we hit the rides at the fair. It began pouring rain so we took cover in the Cinderblock Building. (Anybody know the actual name of that building?)
We were looking at the displays and booths and came across a jewlery stand. I was immediately sucked in, and guess who was the jewlery-making-queen? A miss Dian Windley! (She was one of my cheer-advisors in high-school) It was fun seeing her, and her kids, and showing off my kids to her.
I ran into a bunch of people from school and it was a ton of fun to see everyone!
Teresa and Jason met us for a dinner of fair food galore. Mmmm. Nothing beats the food at the Caribou County Fair. ;)
After dinner we hit the rides again. Teresa and I took our lives in our hands and went on one, dunno what it was called, but it was fun.
My pa, he knows quite a few people there, hello small town! Kirsten looks at me and she says,"Grandpa sure is popular! He knows everybody here!" I had a good chuckle at that.
Then it was time to hit the sack, and boy that was fun trying to get Graysen to fall asleep. He was so out of his comfort zone, poor guy!
That morning for breakfast grandpa made us bacon, eggs, and HUCKLEBERRY pancakes. Mmmm!
Grandpa Jim had to leave for his trip to Canada, so we took that as our cue to head out.
We met the cutest bunch of girls for lunch at the new Grandma's Kitchen. ;) Lyndzi and April, it was so much fun to hang out w/ you!
I was abruptly grabbed off the sidewalk by BILLY RAY CYRUS!!! (he-he!) Actually it was Tim Ochsenbein, who remarkably resembles ol' Billy Ray. His wife, Karol, who was my other cheer advisor works at Grandma's Kitchen so I was able to catch up w/ her for a bit too.
All in all, it was a very enjoyable weekend and it was nice to get out of SLC for a few days. I think I won't wait another 10 years to go back. :)
(Sadly, no picuters from this trip as I forgot my camera.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, sounds fun!! Good old Diane and Karol! Billy scared me last year when I saw him there too :) So is Grandma's Kitchen the old Bergy's or the old Turner's Cafe?

Coombs Family said...

It's the old Turner's Cafe. It was super delicious, I'd go back. :)

Total Pageviews