So, Cameron turned 30 and I wanted to celebrate his "over-the-hill" birthday with something memorable. What better way to do that than to go back in time to 1979 (the year of his birth), get dressed up and hit the disco? I planned a murder mystery dinner/surprise party for him. All of our guests were waiting for us at Sharon and Eli's house, decked out in their disco fever attire. Cameron was so surprised when he went in and saw everybody dressed up, he backed up into the wall, where he knocked down a ceramic plate that shattered into tiny pieces. So sorry Sharon!! I then wisked him to the dressing room and helped him pimp out, as well as adorne myself, and we were ready to par-tay! Poor Graysen didn't recognize either one of us and ran away from us crying. :( He soon realized who we were and was ok for the remainder of the night. Thanks Kara for the wonderful decorating job, I am kicking myself for not taking more pictures, grrr, I was just too excited. It was a lot of fun!
"God's purpose for the artist is to inspire, to give us visions of ourselves that we might not see, to make us better than we would have been.The world is better for the arts and righteous artists in it. In the quest to achieve greatness in artistic pursuits--whether in painting, music,dance, drama, film, sculpture, or the written word--we should always seek first to achieve God's purposes." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Remember the little things, because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.
Sep 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
OH MY WIG-NESS! I love it. Happy Birthday Cameron. Cute cake too.
You very talent lady. (say w/ asian accent!)
How fun! You are such a sweet wife
Post a Comment