
We were invited to the church tonight for a BAPTISM PREVIEW. The primary presidency and bishopric took a few minutes to explain baptism to the kids who will be turning 8 this year. Bishop Rupp asked all of the kids "Why do you want to be baptized?" Many answered "To have the Holy Ghost" "To be like Jesus" "To become clean" you know, the typical answers. And obviously the right ones too. Well, Bethanie went with us and got a turn to answer. Her answer was "So I can get married next!" Um, well, uh, hmm. We had to explain that there's a few more life lessons and steps between baptism and marriage.
They let the kids take a look at the font, and go inside it for a 'practice' run. I am just a bit in denial that my baby Kirsten will be 8 this year. 8. Eight. e-i-g-h-t. Nope, spelling it out in different ways doesn't seem to lesson the shock.
Kirsten was asked to give the closing prayer, which she bravely and proudly did. I love that she is so excited to be baptized. I'm so grateful that she's made the decision, and will help her to prepare as much as she can within this year to come.
1 comment:
That Bethie is so dang funny. She cracks me up! I can't believe that Kirsten is old enough to be baptised either!
Post a Comment