Every day I look at Kirsten I am amazed. I remember the first time I layed eyes on her my first thought was, "I can't believe she's mine." To this day I often find myself thinking those same 5 words, about each of my children. Kirsten is so smart. Seriously, so smart. She has become such a graceful dancer. In fact, I had a rare chance to watch her dance at practice the other day, and I was a bit overwhelmed by her. She is such a beautiful and strong dancer. She was in her own special world, lost to the music and her own thoughts. She has her very own mini solo in this year's spring dance concert! I can't believe she's mine!
Every day Bethanie is singing a catchy diddy. Lately she's been belting out Taylor Swift. If she doesn't know all of the words then she just throws in her own. Her sweet baby voice fills our home and days with a crazy kind of happiness! She is always so full of joy and humor. Bethie is a good kind of contagious! I can't believe she's mine!
Every morning Graysen climbs into bed for super sunggles, it takes him numerous attempts to actually climb up onto the bed because he has his Cars and Transformers blankets clasped tightly in each pudgy fist. Sometimes he'll look at me with his bright baby blue eyes, asking for my hand to help him, but lately he is a big boy who wants to do it for himself. I can't believe he's mine!
Everyday is another day to love my kids even more! These are children that I sometimes feel I don't deserve. They teach me so much! They have given me so much, including their unconditional love. They've taught me that sometimes it's ok to play instead of cleaning the house first. They've taught me it's ok if clothes aren't folded perfectly, as long as they fit in the drawers! They have also taught me many new words such as: apbum = apple, fitza = pizza, I-oo! = I Love You! mik aka hungry, Doo!Doo! = Thank you!
They've reminded me that Barbie is awesome, Lego's are out of this world, and video games rock!
We all look forward to Friday Movie Night, complete with popcorn and treats. It doesn't matter that we've watched The Goonies for the last 3 weeks, and it's looking like we're going to make it 4, what does matter is this time spent together.
I love my babies, I love this time in my life. I know time goes too quickly, I will just make sure to cherish and enjoy them. Sure, there are frustrating times, but I know I'll miss them when they're gone.
Kirsten, Bethanie, and Graysen, thank you for giving me the best job in this whole world - Mom!
Every day Bethanie is singing a catchy diddy. Lately she's been belting out Taylor Swift. If she doesn't know all of the words then she just throws in her own. Her sweet baby voice fills our home and days with a crazy kind of happiness! She is always so full of joy and humor. Bethie is a good kind of contagious! I can't believe she's mine!
Every morning Graysen climbs into bed for super sunggles, it takes him numerous attempts to actually climb up onto the bed because he has his Cars and Transformers blankets clasped tightly in each pudgy fist. Sometimes he'll look at me with his bright baby blue eyes, asking for my hand to help him, but lately he is a big boy who wants to do it for himself. I can't believe he's mine!
Everyday is another day to love my kids even more! These are children that I sometimes feel I don't deserve. They teach me so much! They have given me so much, including their unconditional love. They've taught me that sometimes it's ok to play instead of cleaning the house first. They've taught me it's ok if clothes aren't folded perfectly, as long as they fit in the drawers! They have also taught me many new words such as: apbum = apple, fitza = pizza, I-oo! = I Love You! mik aka hungry, Doo!Doo! = Thank you!
They've reminded me that Barbie is awesome, Lego's are out of this world, and video games rock!
We all look forward to Friday Movie Night, complete with popcorn and treats. It doesn't matter that we've watched The Goonies for the last 3 weeks, and it's looking like we're going to make it 4, what does matter is this time spent together.
I love my babies, I love this time in my life. I know time goes too quickly, I will just make sure to cherish and enjoy them. Sure, there are frustrating times, but I know I'll miss them when they're gone.
Kirsten, Bethanie, and Graysen, thank you for giving me the best job in this whole world - Mom!
3 comments:
LOVED this post!!!
So cute! Can't beat being a mom!
Oh Millie, that is such a sweet post. I look at my boys and think those same things, "I can't believe you're mine." Usually followed by, "Whose kid are you?" Being a mom is such a wonderful thing. Thanks for reminding me. :)
PS-Thanks for the mother's day note.
Post a Comment