I took the kids to Grace for the weekend to the annual Caribou County Fair! Now, this was always an exciting time for me when I lived up there. Fair burgers, scones, slushies, it was THE place to be! We had a great time visiting with Aunt Teresa and Uncle Jason and their kids, Dylin and Chely, and Aunt Jamie (who really should be nicer next time she is priveledged to be around all those cute nieces and nephews...) Uncle Nate, Aunt Nicki and Uncle Rusty. Can we call him Uncle Rusty since this was really the 1st time we'd met? Yes! Ok, sounds good! Too bad we missed seeing thier cute girls Abby & Tori, maybe next time. We set up camp at Grandpa Jim's and Grandma Nancy's house. Thanks guys for letting us invade! Friday night we hit the fair, in the pouring rain. We were all soaked and covered in mud, but that fair food was so very worth it. :) Later that night we, by we I mean my siblings, ditched the kids w/ Grandpa & Grandma and snuck back to the fair for scones. Williams Ward REPRESENTED and gifted us with GIANT scones to boot! I scanned the crowd hoping to run into some people I haven't seen in a while, but came up empty. :( That morning Dad & Nancy took us out for breakfast at the converted Blue Bell restaraunt now known as Lunch Express. Yummy! Then we walked around the fair some more where I bought a fabulous necklace and beaded watch from Diane Windley, will be purchasing more..... Then we took the kids to have their faces painted which they loved. Then we drove down to the 'old homestead' aka the house we grew up in, and it was weird weird weird being there b/c it's not 'home' anymore. Graysen got a tummy ache and was really miserable, so we went back to Grandpas house for a bit. He just wasn't happy and I think he really wanted to go home. :( So later we took the kids to the Grace City park where they were setting up for the BIG and EXCITING parade! The kids made out like candy bandits, and loved it. However, why weren't the Grace High Cheerleaders in it? We always were, but this year they were a no-show. Hmm. Then my pa made us some awesome dutched-oven potatoes and grilled some hamburgers for us. And then we headed back home to SLC, looong drive. Glad to have gone and visited, and glad to be back home. :)



1 comment:
Way cute pictures. I'm sad I missed it. The fair always falls right around Jeff's birthday, so as you can imagine it's not his birthday wish to go to the Caribou County fair! That's sad that Graysen got sick.:(
Post a Comment