"God's purpose for the artist is to inspire, to give us visions of ourselves that we might not see, to make us better than we would have been.The world is better for the arts and righteous artists in it. In the quest to achieve greatness in artistic pursuits--whether in painting, music,dance, drama, film, sculpture, or the written word--we should always seek first to achieve God's purposes." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Remember the little things, because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.

Jan 9, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday to Kirsten!












These pictures are a bit belated in being posted. Better late than never!
Oh, Kirsten Leigh. You're 8. I cannot believe how fast 8 years has gone by! As I am sitting here thinking about these last 8 years, I find myself always remembering the day of your birth. It was a crisp, sunny autumn day. Thanksgiving day to be exact. Your birth was nothing like what I expected. It was scary and exciting all at the same time! I remember Dr. Thackery telling me that you had a full head of gorgeous hair! Imagine my excitement! Holding you for the first time was an indescribable feeling. Your tiny hand grasping my finger was amazing. I always felt a little melancholy each month that you got older. But then you showed me something. You showed me that you just get more amazing and fun with each day, month, and year! 
Happy Birthday Kirsten! 

No comments:

Total Pageviews