"God's purpose for the artist is to inspire, to give us visions of ourselves that we might not see, to make us better than we would have been.The world is better for the arts and righteous artists in it. In the quest to achieve greatness in artistic pursuits--whether in painting, music,dance, drama, film, sculpture, or the written word--we should always seek first to achieve God's purposes." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Remember the little things, because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.

Dec 1, 2008

Kirsten's 6th Birthday

Kirsten Leigh is 6! 6 years old! Where has the time gone? 6 years ago I was sitting on my couch waiting for Cameron to get home from playing football. I was having these annoying and uncomfortable stomach pains, and thought, this sucks, who wants to be sick on Thanksgiving? When he got home, I told him that maybe we could run to the hospital and see if they could give me something to stop the cramps. If we hurried, we could make it to his mom's house in time for dinner. So, the clueless parents went to the hospital, and asked the nurses if they could help us, please. The nurse named Wanda checked me out and I was dilated 5 cm! She exlaimed in delight that there was no way that I could go home because I was going to have a baby that day! Um, what? Did she just say what I think she just said? A baby? I am so not ready for this. Cameron and I hadn't packed a bag or anything. So after a lof of yelling and panicking at 4:22PM on Thanksgiving Day in 2002 we were blessed with the most precious gift we had ever been given. Kirsten Leigh came into this world weighing a tiny 6lbs 12oz and she was 19in long. She had a thick head of dark brown hair and the most perfect and soft skin. This is the day I became a mother and Cameron became a father. This is the day our family began. Kirsten is so big and so smart and so mature. We love her so much. She is such a big helper and the best big sister! We love you Kirsten Leigh!

Birthday Lunch At Guadalahonkies!



Mini Golf







The Cake!






Present Time!


4 comments:

Mosers said...

Our girls are like 2 months apart... crazy... Kay will be six soon! Happy Birthday to your Princess!

Bates Family said...

She is so cute Amelia! She looks so much like you too! Happy Birthday Kirsten!

Swain Family said...

Wow it's hard to believe she is 6 already! Justin's work will actually be doing santa pics this Saturday too at the Sweet Briar in Herriman from 12-4 the address is 5600 W. just off of 13400 South Justin wont be there he will be in New Jersey doing a wedding this weekend(booger) not fair.

Bill & Jen said...

I can't believe you have a 6 yr old....but my Riley is 5, so I don't know why I'm saying that....They grow up wayyy to fast!
Kirsten, you are an adorable 6yr old princess! You look tons like you mommy! Happy Birthday!

Total Pageviews