
(12 months old...)

Happy First Birthday Graysen!
I remember when we first found out that we were going to have another baby!
I remember thinking, "Will we actually get a boy this time around?"
I remember how sick I was throughout my pregnancy with you.
I remember curling up on the floor in a tiny ball because I was so nauseated.
I remember being extremely happy that I was so sick because I had a miracle growing inside of me.
I remember getting that first ultrasound picture.
I remember Dr. Colby exclaiming "Twins!" (HA HA, it wasn't so.)
I remember scaring Daddy by passing the "Twins!" news on to him.
I remember the look of relief on Daddy's face when he found out it wasn't so.
I remember the first time that I felt your tiny body move.
I remember each and every time you got the hiccups and made my belly jiggle too!
I remember getting that second ultrasound, the one that would tell us pink or blue.
I remember BLUE!
I remember not being so sure it was gonna be BLUE!
I remember I was so excited for BLUE! that I immediately ran out and bought BLUE!
I remember when my tummy was so big and your sisters could finally feel you move.
I remember how much Kirsten and Bethanie already loved you before they had even met you.
I remember the baby shower that was thrown in your honour.
I remember how guilty I felt because after all you were baby number three.
I remember how not guilty I felt when everybody assured me that I had not had BLUE! yet, so another shower was just A-OK.
I remember that I was still skeptical at getting BLUE! that I only washed one outfit for you just in case.
I remember that I had lots of laundry to do when we got home from the hospital.
I remember that day, you know, that one very special day when you came into this world.
I remember Grandma Sharon begging for us to let her stay to see your birth.
I remember freaking out because I barely consented to let Dr. Colby stay, let alone Grandma!
I remember it was a sunny and beautiful day with a perfect blue sky!
I remember thinking I sure hope BLUE!
I remember Daddy ran home to get some movies and such while we waited for you.
I remember after he left Dr. Colby came by to break my water and get things rolling.
I remember that after Dr. Colby broke my water the fire alarms in the hospital started going off.
I remember thinking "It's just a false alarm."
I remember realizing it wasn't because when I looked out the window there were a lot of people evacuating the building.
I remember thinking "OH! It's for real!"
I remember a nurse coming in to get me.
I remember your Daddy wasn't back yet.
I remember a nurse telling me that I could walk because I hadn't had an epidural yet.
I remember saying to her "Unless you are gonna be pushing a giant mop behind me I am not walking!"
I remember actually being a little bit scared.
I remember my nurse coming in and saying "It's a false alarm!"
I remember wanting to kick both of those nurses!
I remember wanting to kick your Daddy even harder for leaving to go get me those movies that I had requested.
I remember when Daddy finally came back and how relieved I was.
I remember when it came time to finally get the epidural.
I remember pain.
I remember relief after that pain.
I remember when Dr. Colby came back and it was finally time for your grand entrance into this world.
I remember the epidural was quickly waring off.
I remember pain and Nassau as I have never known before.
I remember the anesthesiologist coming in to give me a super dose of magic medicine.
I remember I finally felt better.
I remember that I couldn't feel my legs.
I remember sitting there in the delivery room waiting for a contraction and looking around at Daddy, Dr. Colby, and my nurse and asking them all how they were doing.
I remember feeling pretty dumb for asking.
I remember Dr. Colby telling me you weren't gonna be a chubby baldy-baby, you had a thick head of dark brown hair.
I remember when Dr. Colby put all my doubts about BLUE! aside when he held you up and said, "Congratulations! BLUE!
I remember crying, laughing, and blubbering that you were healthy, had 10 fingers and 10 toes and a good kind of BLUE!
Graysen Cameron, I am so happy to be your momma. You have brought so much joy and happiness to our family. Your big sisters are so proud of you and love to show you off to anybody they can. You have such amazingly blue eyes and such a big smile! I love your little personality, your curiosity, your quiet nature, your baby giggles and well, pretty much everything about you! You've given us quite a few scares during your first year but we've made it through them with flying colors! You are our handsome little man and are going to accomplish great things throughout your life! Daddy and Mommy are excited to be a part of it!
3 comments:
Wow, I can't believe how itty bitty he was! He's adorable and your memories are so sweet, it was nice to hear.
Happy Burfday little man! That was so fun to read Millie. :)
Okay now I'm bawling! That was so sweet! Happy birthday to your little man!
Post a Comment