"God's purpose for the artist is to inspire, to give us visions of ourselves that we might not see, to make us better than we would have been.The world is better for the arts and righteous artists in it. In the quest to achieve greatness in artistic pursuits--whether in painting, music,dance, drama, film, sculpture, or the written word--we should always seek first to achieve God's purposes." -Elder M. Russell Ballard
Remember the little things, because one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.

Oct 17, 2010

Operation: Quit Sucking My Thumb Commences

Soooo. Yup. Graysen was born a Thumb-Sucker. While it is extremely cute and sweet and oh-so-adorable, it is time for him to stop. He sucks his thumb when he is tired. He knows he's not supposed to, so he'll usually hide his thumb behind his blanket. So my mother-in-law told me to try pinning a long sock to his sleeve so that he can't get it off. So, tonight we are taking it for a test run, to see how it goes.
He. Is. NOT. Happy.
But he still loves me. :)

Update:
It. Is. NOT. Going.
He has already wiggled his little hand out of the sock, all clothes pins still attached.
*Sigh.*
I guess we will try again tomorrow night. :)

3 comments:

April and JJ said...

"love you. . ." So cute! I love it! So what can I pin to Carlie's clothes to get her to not throw a raging tantrum when I don't let her have a binki?

Mosers said...

hand stitch it to his shirt... then just unpick it when he outgrows the thumb thing!Good Luck :)

The Burks est. 2008 said...

My sister in law wrapped an elastic around her thumb so she wouldn't suck it in the night, ya she was 10!! So I think you're doing good!!

Total Pageviews